Justice is a liberty, not a choice

Non-EEA or Swiss nationals who you have completed a continuous ten years lawful stay in the UK are eligible to apply to become settled in the UK. Being a settled person in the UK under British law means that such persons will enjoy all the same rights that British nationals enjoy.  

There are other categories which entitle non-EEA or Swiss nationals to apply to become settled in the UK after they have spent a continuous period of five years of lawful stay in the UK. If an applicant has any family members (spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner and children under 18) living with him, they may be able to apply for settlement at the same time, provided they have lived together in the UK for at least five years.